Re: Daily Driver

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daily Driver
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:03:34 EDT
I always thought "Daily Driver" was a catch-all phrase that meant a classic
automobile that was driven as a 'regular' car rather than just for show,
parade, or occasional Sunday show-off cruise.  Thus, Daily Drivers can be
anything from a barely-running rat to a pristine frame-off full resto, and
can be straight stock, full custom or somewhere inbetween.

Hobbs is, therefore, a daily driver because he's a car, not a "showpiece."
End of story (at least in my little world).

Here's the kicker, though: Does it really matter?  I've seen "show cars" that
don't look much better than Hobbs, and I've seen "daily drivers" that look
better than my Nissan truck the day I brought it home from the dealership.
It seems to be a purely semantic argument.

Scott (& Hobbs, who has garnered no trophies but loves the stares on city
streets).