Re: RClassics (was Daily Driver)

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: RClassics (was Daily Driver)
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Jun 29 2000 10:32:06 GMT-0600
>   I wonder if there is a "legal" definition of Antique, Vintage, Classic, or
>Historic cars in someones' books - registration departments, insurance
>companies
>etc.

Well, California listers-correct me if I'm wrong, but to qualify for 'Historic'
(of as some people still call them 'Antique') license plate, doesn't the car
have to be 25 years old? (In which case, Nigel would qualify in 3 more years!)

And then there's the term 'Collectible'. How do they determine that a '70s
Spitfire is a 'Collectible' but a '70s Ford Grenada Ghia isn't?

Laura G. (Definitely 'Antique', though not 'Historic'!) and 'Nigel'-(Absolutely
all of the above listed!)