RClassics (was Daily Driver)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RClassics (was Daily Driver)
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:36:14 -0600
   I wonder if there is a "legal" definition of Antique, Vintage, Classic, or
Historic cars in someones' books - registration departments, insurance companies
etc.

The Around The World Rally spokesman , Paul I think, said "Pre 1941 is Vintage,
pre
1968 (to 1941 assumedly) are Classic and Historic".  I wonder what criteria
other
than age they used.

I notice they lumped Antique and Vintage cars together at "Vintageant".

So as someone mentioned, its more than age, but does the age change each year -
as
in when a car reaches X years old it becomes a Classic, Antique etc?

Does anyone have further information that would apply to Canada?
Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada