Getting there

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>, <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>,
Subject: Getting there
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:34:08 EDT
Greetings all,
The last of the suspension is cleaned, primed, bushed, bearinged, and
painted.  I have so much sand blasting media all over me, I weigh a few extra
pounds.  The steering, front suspension, engine, rear end, original camber
compensator, rear axles and hubs, and spring are all rebuilt and ready to
install on the frame once I paint it.
This 63 Spit will get its original Wedgewood Blue exterior and Midnight Blue
interior.  I still have to clean the OD and decide whether to use an extra
regular 73 driveshaft which is the correct length for a MK1 OD, or have an
original shortened.

I am still looking for the early spit style grommets for the rear bumper
brackets.  They go thru the back of the boot and are rectangular in shape.
If you have a parts car before FC13000, you might have them.  I've got lots
of stuff to trade for them.  I'm also still looking for a right side engine
valance that has a 120 or so degree angle so that it misses hitting the carbs.

c ya,
Bill Brockschmidt
63 work in progress