Re: Waist seal installation.

To: SMatson802@aol.com
Subject: Re: Waist seal installation.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:35:16 -0700
Steve,
You can actually install those seals without removing anything.  It's tricky
and requires a special tool that you can make yourself.
The Haynes manual gives an illustration of the tool and some guidance on
installing the seals.

One trick that I have learned is to take pieces of black electrical tape and
mark the location of the indentations on the outer seal by
placing the pieces on the paint.  You won't be able to see their location with
the seal installed.

Regards,
Joe