Re: Waist seal installation.

To: SMatson802@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waist seal installation.
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:23:15 -0400
I've done it with the windows in the car.  A bent hacksaw blade works quit well
at holding the clips and bringing them up.  It wasn't strong enough to bring
them all the way up for me.  I had to use a really weird and painfull looking
dental tool (mini rake actually), but a bent nail would have worked also.

Took only a few minutes to do the whole job, though I'd spent many hours
worrying about it.  I have yet to find a truly major job on a Spitfire.
Particularly when compared to things like removing the heater core on a Nissan.
 Now that's a major job!