Bonnet busting electrical system!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet busting electrical system!
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:05:54 EDT
After a good long stretch of trouble free driving, my car is giving me
attitude again. My charging system is out of whack, so I have to disconnect
the battery every time I park the car (this happens a lot with a daily
driver). My hood is making it known that it does not like this very much by
popping and creaking, I think it picked up the habit from my spine, which is
sending me similar signals. The problem with the charging system is that half
the time its perfectly normal, then at other times when I pull the key out of
the ignition the little red IGN. lamp goes on. This is the exact opposite of
what is supposed to happen. The only way I can get it to go off is to
disconnect the battery. If I insert the key back, and turn it to the on
position, the green oil light will shine and the red IGN will not. When the
car is started, they both go out. Any ideas?
TIA,
Avi