Rockets Red Glare...off topic

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net, al-stewart@things.org
Subject: Rockets Red Glare...off topic
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, Jul 4 2000 15:28:23 GMT-0600
Happy Fourth to you all.

I was just watching a documentary about the history of the Star Spangled
Banner. Very interesting-when they went through the story of Fort McHenry-it's
really a very moving story and moment in our history. When you know the story,
it really brings to life the words of the song-and makes them all the more
poignant and dramatic.

Too bad the melody is so difficult!

Maybe instead of a movement to replace it entirely, there should just be new
music composed for it-something that would keep to the spirit of the peice, but
easier to sing without opera training!

Anyway, Happy Fourth!

Laura G.