Re: Carpet

To: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:23:31 -0700
Bill,

I sprang for the molded carpet set from Rimmer Bros. for my '67 Spitfire.
Yes, it's nice, but the carpet fiber itself doesn't strike me as being a
nice as the original loop-type carpeting and the part that would have been
most useful molded (the vertical long, wide piece directly behind the seats)
was NOT molded.  It was therefore a bit of a disappointment.

The one thing I DO like about the molded carpet is the backing seems strong
and able to withstand repeated installation/removal cycles.

I'm not saying I'm dissastisfied with my purchase, but I think I'll look a
little harder the next time before spending the cash.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!