%&*@ Water Pump

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: %&*@ Water Pump
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:17:39 -0400
Well, after two months of getting the spit ready for tooling around during
my early July vacation, the water pump went away this morning (ironically
enough, as it was warming up to go buy gas for my first ride of vacation).
I may have caused this myself when I was changing the radiator (cavitation
before the thermostat opened, perhaps?).

Anyway, it looks like it's time to change the water pump out (unfortunately
after vacation).  This is the first time I will be trying this on a
spitfire.  Is there any other jobs that should be done at the same time to
save time later?  Or, is there anything else particularly odd about this
water pump compared to others?

Any advice is appreciated.

By the way, do water pumps lose efficiency?  Perhaps this could be why I run
hot in traffic?

Thanks

Mike Perry
72 Spit
(probably should be classified as a 2000 if you count all the new parts ):!