Confusing GT6 ad on eBay

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Confusing GT6 ad on eBay
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:16:27 -0700
There's a 1968 GT6 "project car" on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=372399982&;
r=0&t=0

The ad says to go to the owner's home page to see the photo of the car
that's being sold:

http://foothillspartnership.org/aitken/triumph.html

He claims to have owned this car for the past twelve years.

I thought the photo looked mighty familiar and it is:  The exact same photo
appears on the VTR site and identifies it as Larry Snyder's 1969 GT6.

http://www.vtr.org/GT6/index.html

So... who's car is it?  I've e-mailed the eBay seller asking for an
explanation.  It should be interesting to see what he has to say for
himself.

Caveat emptor!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!