1500 Headers

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Headers
From: "James F. Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 22:41:32 -0400
I am using a maniflow 4.2.1 on my FSP autox spit 1500 and could not be any
more impressed with this header.  It fit perfectly with my HS4's.  I did not
have to even tap the frame rails a single time with a hammer to make it fit,
unlike the cheap 4.1 headers available.  The quality of the welds was good
and half way through a season of very hard driving, I have no problems.  I
mated the header to my own 2" straight exhaust with a very small glass pack.
Needless to say, it is very loud, but should be fine with a regular muffler.
It has great low end torque and I can actually get some decent wheel spin on
the 1-2 shift even with sticky autox rubber.

I purchased the maniflow from APTfast.com
they very helpful and I am glad I spent the money on the better header (by
my opinions)

I would caution the Rimmer Stainless Header.  Any stainless header that sees
use is continually under the question of not will it break, but when is it
going to break.  SS headers have a terrible tendency to crack at the welds
with use and SS is not your typical "weld it back together" sort of header.
If you have a choice, save money and get the more reliable mild steel header
and have it jet-coated if you are concerned with durability.

jim