Flasher on the blink?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flasher on the blink?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:42:39 -0700
Greetings all.  I was just out for an early evening cruise and noticed a
very odd thing.  My turn signal indicator on the dash will occasionally
flash for no apparent reason.  My first thought was that perhaps the signal
stalk had some dirty contacts or that one of the turn signals was grounding
out, but upon exiting the car and observing the dash light and the actual
turn signals, only the dash lit comes on.  Otherwise, the turn signals
themselves are acting properly.  Anyone ever heard of the dash light
flashing intermittently without effecting the actual signal indicators?

Is my flasher unit simply on its' way out?

TIA

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!