Re: Flasher on the blink?

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flasher on the blink?
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:22:23 +0100

Sounds interesting...

I didn't see a reply to this, so instead I'm going to hypothesise - take
everything I'm about to say with a (very large) pinch of salt.

Let's say, hypothetically, that the wiring of the dash light is:

  +ve - light - switch (in flasher unit) - earth

I don't know if that is the case, and I can't check from my office because I
don't have my car or any manuals with me.  But, if that were the case, it's
possible that the light-switch (or light-flasher unit) wire could be
intermittently shorting to earth, causing the light to come on.

Like I said, this is entirely theoretical - I don't know if the light is wired
that way, and I've never heard of this happening.  But it could certainly
explain the symptoms you describe.  Good luck!

Dean