Spitfire Siting

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Siting
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:58:05 +0100

Listers,

I have just returned from a conference in Amsterdam, and I'm pleased to report a
Spitfire siting (although only one).  On Wednesday evening, I left the
conference centre and began walking back to the hotel, when I noticed a familiar
shape parked a hundred yards up the road.  Closer inspection revealed a
burgendy-coloured 1500, in fairly reasonable condition.  Unfortunately, it had
been ruined by the large silver "air-scoop" which was bolted onto the bonnet
above the air filters.  The scoop looked like it was probably plastic, painted
silver, and was a very bad fit (not straight, and not flush with the bonnet).
Besides from looking very tacky, I could not figure out any reason for it to be
there.  But I was pleased to see a Spitfire anyway!

Dean