Re: Spitfire Siting

To: Dean Dashwood <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Siting
From: "M.Hesselink" <M.Hesselink@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:47:54 +0200
Dean,

I can assure you: there are many Spitfires here in Amsterdam. Most of them (like
mine) are, however, kept in garages; as parking out in the streets is becoming
excessively expensive, and also because the number of thefts from cars is quite
high. (And we all know about Spitfire door locks...). Maybe the fact that it's
raining most of the time has something to do with it as well....

The car you mention I know very well. The (female) owner lives near the
conference
centre, and I've seen the car parked around there for many, many years. I
believe it
is used daily, summer and winter (which is quite rare in this country), and
considering that I think it looks unbelievably well. It is certainly being well
taken care of, although I agree the chrome add-ons are not exactly to my liking
either.

Marc