FW: Overdrive news

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Overdrive news
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:12:23 +0200
Greetings Listers

I bought the overdrive unit on Saturday :-) . Overdrive serial number 25 /
63314 / 051315 . Any thoughts on the meaning and application of these
numbers ? The seller told me it came from a Sunbeam , but I have no
substantiation of this .

The following numbers are also punched into the casing : 17  2  66  N .  I
presume this means the unit was manufactured on 17 February 1966 . Is this
correct and what does the N stand for ?

>From my visual inspection it appears to be in good condition , but very
dirty on the outside . Any tips on cleaning such a unit ? I read someplace
that one should avoid getting  petrol ( gas / fuel ) on the internal parts .
Is this true and if so , how should I clean it ?        TIA

Kind regards
Chris de Wet
P O Box 472 , Ifafi  , 0260  ,  South Africa  .
Telephone 012 - 3398042 ( office ) 012 - 2591129 ( home ) Cell 0828406535
Fax 012 - 3398118
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .

The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments is
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient
please reply immediately and delete this message.  Please do not make use of
it, nor disclose it's contents in any way.  Thank you.