Re: Fwd: World's ugliest MGA

To: "DT Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Fwd: World's ugliest MGA
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:34:08 -0700
Ugh. I used to own a '59 MGA.  It was love at first site.  Bought it for
$2,500 off a used car lot in L.A. two years after I sold my first Spitfire.
The MGA was straight and clean with a new interior, rebuilt engine and
transmission.  I spent $1,000 on body prep and white paint and sold it a
year later -- under duress -- for $3,500.  The car was perfect.  Did I
mention that this was 20 years ago?  I must admit to a certain fascination
with a 1960 MGA currently for sale with a busted motor for $3,200.  But I
just can't bring myself to contend with another "project".  Especially since
I wouldn't have garage space available for it.  It amazes me how much MGA's
have appreciated in value.  Willow weep for me.