Re: Rear Hub and Brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Hub and Brakes
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:12:37 EDT
Re: pulling the rear hub.  Your options:

1.Borrow the correct, rare and expensive tool from a local club - if they
have it.
2.Make your own equivalent tool (check the archives - some listers have done
this)
3.Take it to a good machine shop with some decent presses and adaptors and
let them wrestle with it.
4.Buy a used axle with good bearings.

I usually opt for 3 or 4.  This is one of the few jobs on a spitfire that I
personally wouldn't even attempt.  Those things are on TIGHT!

Good luck

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire