Re: Women & Cars Don't flame me

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Women & Cars Don't flame me
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:26:55 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/00 2:17:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
reid.w.simmons@intel.com writes:

> Hmmm, sounds like someone who has suffered through a bitter divorce.

Not that kind of bitter. Tha bitterness was my children didn't have a mother.
I raised them. No more from me on that subject because the vitrol would burn
up the net. 8^}

>  According to the study these are SFNBM (Single Females, Never Been
Married).

That's the fact I wanted to know. My direction for my comment was that in a
male oriented society a woman has a harder time with financial acceptance.
Banks, loans things like that. I think its a good thing for women to be
independent.
I know a few ladies that are single (? living with other ladies) and they own
homes. It was just a statement to clarify how many worked and didn't get the
stuff by windfall. OK there are some 'home makers' who did work in or out
side the home or both.
Lauras friend who has a Vet with ALLMINE on the tag, that still doesn't tell
the story that she worked for it and bought it (not saying she didn't). A
woman I know who was given a Beemer T3 by her boy friend. Its hers but she
didn't buy it. She has a Jag E-type of her own.

>  So as not to start another "pissing contest" on this list, let's drop this
>  thread now.

I agree it took 10 minutes to put the flames out from Laura G.  >8^}