(more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions
From: Reginald Tulk <regtulk@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:32:33 -0500
Thanks to those of you who responded - brake system work seems to be a
popular thing to do!

I still have some questions regarding "flushing"  of the system.  Am I
correct in assuming that you would "substitute" alcohol for fluid and
use the master cylinder to push everything thru; then when it seems
clean enough blow air thru to remove the alcohol and replace the brake
fluid, again using the master cylinder to fill the system?  how much
should i be concerned about getting alcohol in my brake fluid and vice
versa? Will the alcohol "remove" all the fluid that i used to lubricate
the M/C when it is assembled?  Should I just have a beer and relax?

Thanks

Reg Tulk
'74 Spit

PS for those of you who had asked - directions and info for the MN
Triumphs Tech Session is at
http://www.isd.net/hammond/hosting.html