RE: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:22:34 -0700
Reg;

I used a "Mity Vac" to pull the various fluids through the hydraulic system.
The one step I left out in my previous eMail was that the last thing I did
in the cleaning process was to flush a lot of brake fluid through the lines
prior to filling and bleeding.  However, if you are switching to Silicone
based fluid (DOT5) that last step could be somewhat expensive so I might
substitute a lot of high pressure [dry] air instead of brake fluid.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)