Re: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions

To: regtulk@isd.net, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 01:32:36 EDT
OK, for two more cents.....
If you really want to make sure your hydraulic system is clean and clear,
first get a brake system thingie (I've forgotten the danged name of it but
you put the fluid in the reservoir and it pumps it into the M/C and all you
do is open the bleeders one at a time to purge the system) and fill it with
alcohol.  Use this to flush your entire system.  You could unhook the lines
after this and blow them out with air.  Now using the thingie again, refill
and purge the hydraulic system.  If you are worried about seals and rubber
components or whatever being unlubricated, you can obtain an assembly lube
for brake systems from a major brake supply house or NAPA might carry it.
The brake bleeding unit and the assembly lube I have used many times when
working for fleet services of city of L.A., and yes we had access to stuff I
would love to own.  The bleeder you should be able to rent somewhere.  I'm
trying to remember who made the ones we had.  I'll post that info as soon as
I remember.

        Michael