Re: Fuel slosh

To: rfm@collectivecomputing.com (Reed)
Subject: Re: Fuel slosh
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 01:50:43 -0400
Reed,

I'd like to know more about your project - please email me off list with
info on PI for a spit; I'm intrigued!

On the tank question -- I've just converted a US-spec TR6 to Lucas PI (as
originally fitted in the UK), but the tank does not have the UK-fitted
swirl pot.  There are a number of ways of overcoming the problem that you
are encountering (including fitting a swirl pot in the tank -- many buck$
however).  After researching a solution, the easiest and most economical is
to use a low-pressure pump and a feed tank system.

If you install a Facet red pump between the main tank and a weed-wacker (or
any small engine 3 port sealed tank) 1pt tank, and feed your Ford EEC
system from that source, you will eliminate the problem of starvation.  The
small engine tank will operate as a reservoir for your PI system.

You will need to route a return from the feed tank back to the main tank
(the weed-wacker tanks usually have a return fitted already) to ensure that
the feed tank is always full.  Make sure that you ask for a non-vented cap
for the feed-tank!

Good luck,

Tony Gordon
72 TR6