loss of power and poping

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: loss of power and poping
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:41:55 +0100
Thanks to every one who responded about my thermostat, I have replaced
it and the car still runs a 1/4 temp, so perhaps it is the temperature
sender, I anm going to try and check the temp with a thermometer...
anyone know the best place to do this?
Second thing that is annoying me at the mo, is that sophie has warmed up
she starts to miss and 'pop' during acceleration. this seems to get
worse the longer I run and eventually after 15 mins shes kangerooing in
4th...
Any ideas..
I'm using a dual HS4 british no smog setup on 1500, and standard
ignition. timing is spot on. Carbs tuned using color tune (not sure
wether I trust this!)
Thanks for any help
Cheers
Tim