How long for engine warm up?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: How long for engine warm up?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:21:34 -0700
Greetings, all.  I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I don't have a
thermostat installed -- or at least a properly functioning one.  It seems to
take a long time before the engine warms up -- even when it's 80 degrees (f)
outside.  The car must run for about ten minutes before the engine is
reading in the normal range for operation.   Shoudn't a properly working
thermostat have it warmed up in just a few minutes?  TIA.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!