Re: How long for engine warm up?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How long for engine warm up?
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:21:46 EDT
Okay, so since we're on the topic, I'll drop in a quick question:

Hobbs also takes about 10 minutes to warm up, and always ran in the 1/2 to
3/4 quadrant of the temp guage, except in the heat of summer (Phoenix 115+
degrees) in stop & go traffic, where he got dangerously close to the
boilover/warp head region.

A month ago I installed a 12-row oil cooler, and now he runs right about 1/4
all the time, except in stop & go... but turning on the pusher fan keeps his
temp from exceeding 3/4.

Works for me, but I'm no mechanic.  Is it a bad thing to run so cool?

Scott