Re: Fuel slosh (and EFI spitfire 1600) [long]

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel slosh (and EFI spitfire 1600) [long]
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:44:23 -0700
>I seem to remember Barry Schwartz
>(are you still on, Barry ?) having trouble with using one vendors
>FI setup on another motor (If I remember right he has Chevy TBI on
>his ford V6 spit). I think he had to get a custom
>programmed ECU or something, because although the motors were
>similar displacement, the ideal timing/mixture etc curves
>for one were not that good for the other.
Yep I'm still here, and yes I had to have a custom ECU burned even though
the motors were of identical displacement, and configuration, both being
2.8 liter V6's of 60 deg design.  I now have a Haltech unit with which
sometime in the near future I will use to allow me to program the system to
meet my particular needs exactly.  For a Spitfire, this would be the way to
go, but it wouldn't be cheap -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)