RE: Safety?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Safety?
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:59:58 -0700
>From my perspective British cars seem to be quite safe.  I haven't been
involved in an accident in my Spitfire but I have in my MGB.  It got totaled
twice with me in it and was restored both times.  One time it was shoved
under the rear of another car by a BIG truck as it drove over the top of me.
I didn't received so much a scratch or bruise in either of these.  I can't
say the same thing for the Jappy cars I have owned.  They were involved in
three low speed (~30 MPH) accidents, all were totaled beyond any hope of
repair or restoration, and I almost "bought it" in one and my daughter was
almost killed in another.  I will never make the mistake of buying one of
those "P.O.S." cars ever again!  Can you say "Kamikaze cars" boys and girls?

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)