Re: spitfires

To: "david" <engstrom@tstonramp.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spitfires
From: "Bill Munts" <bmunts@iol-12.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:41:53 -0500
I've put about 12,000  miles on my '70 mk3 without what I would consider a
break down.  The only time it stranded me was when I knocked a wire off the
generator and the battery finally died....not the cars fault but the ham
fisted mechanics fault (me).  I've made a lot of improvements over the years
but only because it is fun and improved the reliability of the car.  I
autocross the car a lot which can be pretty hard on them but I don't worry
about the car breaking down.  Hopefully I'll make a run to the VTR next
year....Oregon is a little too far.

Bill Munts
'70 Mk3 Spitfire
Huntsville, AL