Re: spitfires

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfires
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:52:58 EDT
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:25:26 -0700 david <engstrom@tstonramp.com wrote

>any coments on how many miles people have put on their
>spits without a breakdown?

I've been using one of 2 spitfires for daily commuting over the last 19
years - 175,000 to 200,000 miles.  I can recall 5 breakdowns over that
period (not including the two breakdowns IN the driveway - whew!) requiring
a tow.  Of course there has been numerous roadside repairs or limp home
modes, but that doesn't count 8-)  Most people can't believe how reliable my
spits have been.  I think that it is important to be attuned to the sounds,
feels and smells of the car - it/he/she will usually give some advance
warning of impending failure.

Glad to hear you're keeping the faith!

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire