Re: Choke conversion

To: "Dummer, Dan" <Dan.Dummer@BestBuy.Com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Choke conversion
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:50:53 -0400
A tip:  With the carb installed, remove the dashpot cover, piston, and needle.
Shine a light and look straight down into the jet (the hole where the needle
goes).
You should be able to see the fuel level about 1/4" or 1/2" down
in the jet.  If you see nothing, or the fuel is starting to rise up to
(or over!) the top of the jet hole, you have a problem.

This tip works on both SUs and Strombergs.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit