Re: Sussex Show - the 'Bear' Essentials

To: <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Subject: Re: Sussex Show - the 'Bear' Essentials
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:54:33 +0100
Not too bad, an Alfa Romeo.

Mind you, I'd still rather have my Baby Blue, even with the list of problems
Jason brought back with her. None are really too bad but I've just had it
reconfirmed that the people who rebuilt her 2 years ago were a bunch of
'cowboys' (apologies to any US listers who might consider themselves the
genuine article!). It seems one of the chassis outriggers is bent and this
seems to predate the rebuild, also I'm now told the floor is a patchwork of
tiny repairs rather than the full panels I thought were replaced.

Oil leaks are continuing from almost every orifice but that's just a matter
of gaskets & oil seals.

My poor Baby's rear end needs a complete overhaul too, lucky I got a good
leaf spring at Stafford as the current one isn't 'springy' at all now, and
she need shocks etc.

And a dodgy prop shaft, 2 bald tyres & duff tracking plus various other bits
& bobs.

Well, at least now I know the worst so I'll just have to be very gentle with
her till I can fill my shopping list and get Jason to put her back together
again - hopefully to last another 30 years or so.

Suzie