Re: Spit 6 conversion update

To: Mike Ross <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 6 conversion update
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:07:45 -0700 (PDT)
That is correct.  All the mixture adjustment is under
that black cap on the top of the carb in the dashpot.
This gives you access to adjust the mixture.  The tool
you need is like an hex wrench with a tube around it
to stop the other carb parts from turning with the
needle.  Remember that counterclockwise is lean,
clockwise is rich.  I have adjusted mine the other day
and it didn't seem to help the smell of rich exhaust.
Mybe it needs more adjustment?  Good luck.
Mark
--- Mike Ross <mikeross@Prodigy.net> wrote:

> >I have a couple of question for the list.  The 69
> GT6+ has a brass plug in
> >the bottom center of the float bowl of the ZS
> carbs.  It looks like it's
> >adjustable and might effect the mixture, but I
> can't find any info
> >concerning it.  It's it adjustable or just for
> show.
>
> Ben,
>
> I've rebuilt the ZS carbs on my '69 GT6+ parts car
> and my '70 GT6+ driver.
> Both had brass plugs with a slot to remove with a
> large screwdriver.  The
> mixture adjustment is through the top of the "dash
> pot" via the special
> adjusting wrench sold by British Victoria and
> others.
>
> Mike Ross
> '67 Spitfire (soon to be a Spit 6)
> '66 Spitfire