Saga of the Waist Seals

To: "Spitfire \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Saga of the Waist Seals
From: "JM Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 07:57:47 -0700
Hallo,

First off, thanks to those who responded with advice on the sticking outer
waist seal.

The recommendations were (in no particular order)

Check how they were mounted...make sure the clips are in the recessed areas.
RainX
Vinylex
Do nothing,  a) they'll fit to the window, b) they get some dust etc on them
and be OK.

What I did was...All 4!

Checked the fitting - Good
RainX'd the windows
(didn't have Vinylex) put some ArmorAll (very small bit) on the seal
Left the window up (hot garage)

The result is:  Window goes up and down correctly.  Who knows what of the 4
did it...I don't care!  Yippee!

BTW, VB parts.  Good fit, I had to cut the inner fuzzy down to match the
OEM.  This may intended, I don't know.  Outer fit perfectly first time in.
Thanks for the archived instructions from Joe et al.

John
'75 Spit