1974 Spit project possibly for sale.... (longish)

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 Spit project possibly for sale.... (longish)
From: "Frank & Sherry White" <whitef@midusa.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:45:33 -0500
Hello list!

About a year ago I purchased a 1974 Spit from a gentleman in Arizona who was
overwhelmed with the project.  I dutifully towed it to Kansas and started to
inventory the parts (most of the engine was in the boot!) and disassemble
the car.  My brother and I operate a small organization that raises money
for cancer research, which became quite popular this spring.  This
popularity has fundamentally changed my life, and one of the changes is that
I just don't see myself having the time for auto restoration anytime in the
foreseeable future.

Sooooo, this leaves me with a dilemma, as I have a 75% disassembled Spit in
the garage, a freshly built engine on a stand and no time.  I had thought
about farming it out, but its cost prohibitive for a car that will never be
very valuable in cash terms.  Its not hurting me to have it, but does kind
of bum me out whenever I have to go to the garage.

I suppose that the purpose of this post is to offer this car for sale to
someone who can finish it and drive it.  The body tub is in very good shape,
floorpans are adequate, but the battery box needs attention.  The seats have
been nicely redone, the motor has been professionally built, including
unleaded valve seats, etc.  I have a new Piper cam, although has planned to
use a TSI 'B' cam and sell the Piper.  The entire interior of the car
(except seats) has been stripped and discarded, as it was in awful shape.  I
also have a large assortment of parts, including many spares.

I can provide digital photos and more details upon request.  If interested,
please contact me off list at whitef@midusa.net

Thanks!

Frank White
McPherson, Kansas
"I couldn't fix your brakes, so I make your horn louder."
Please visit http://www.cancersucks.com