Re: Fram Oil Filter

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fram Oil Filter
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:27:07 +0100
Hi Mike, Nolan
I work in Engineering and we make a component that we have PTFE coated,
after it is made we degrease it, it is then plated and degreased, then we
send it out and they degrease it then they coat it with PTFE so why are we
supposed to believe we can pour it in an oily (not degreased) engine and
have it stick. I have been dubious of the product ever since I learned how
difficult it was to get it to stick to grease or oil, come to think of it I
was dubious before that! Get some Molly Slip (Molybdenum Disulphide) I know
that works as we had lost sump plug and no damage after limping the car a
few miles to the garage, (middle of night middle of no where!)

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI