Fram Oil Filter

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fram Oil Filter
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:23:46 -0400
Good morning list...

I went to buy an oil filter at Pep Boys this weekend, and it would seem that
every spitfire owner in the west Michigan area had bought out the supply (or
they fit something else ((the horror!)).  What I ended up with is a Fram
"max life" or something of the sort that is impregnated with Teflon.  I have
not added any oil additives to my spit, and wanted to consult with the list
before doing something I will regret later.  Is anyone aware if these
additives could be harmful to a spit engine?

Thanks

Mike Perry
72 Spit