New paint with water stains

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New paint with water stains
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:56:01 -0400
Hi all

A quick (probably simple) question:  I had my car painted British Racing
Green last fall.  We moved within a week of getting the car from the shop
before I could wax.  It was stored inside during the winter.

After its first washing this spring I missed some water with the chamois
(sp?) and now there are water marks on the paint which have not come off
with subsequent washings.  I have yet to wax since I don't want water stains
under the wax.

Any tips or recommended products?  Would a dishes detergent be ok?   Thanks

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
79 (will-be-licensed-on-July 31-after-over-6-years-in-the-garage) Spitfire