Car transport choices???

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Car transport choices???
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:15:21 EDT
Hi list,
    My better half has fallen in love with a British car! Unfortunately it is
not a Spitfire. She has found an Austin Mini that she just has to have. I
have always had a soft spot for these cars so she didn't have to persuade me
very much. The problem is this, I'm in Missouri and the car is in Florida. I
don't really have the time or desire to drive there and pick up the car. But
the quotes given to us by a couple of companies would add almost half to the
price of the car. I would love some advice from those on the list that have
dealt with this before. I realize it is a long way to drive but $1200 seems a
little steep. Any advice or references would be great.
                                                            Brad
                                                        64 Spitfire
                                                        70 MGB-GT
                                                    ??? Austin Mini???