Carbs and tripping.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carbs and tripping.
From: "Andy Warfield" <andyw@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:35:32 -0700
Hey everyone,

    Well, after about a year of thinking about it I have decided to drive my
spit out to Vancouver.  The car is a '69 Mk III with the 1147cc in it.  I
rebuilt the head about half a year before comming out here (to Vancouver)
and am fairly confident that it will make the journey.  The only snag is
that the set of SUs that I have are essentially shot, and certainly won't
make the trip.  One side is sticky and leaks gas (despite numerous efforts
to fix it) and the linkage is too loose to do a very good job of balancing
things.

    Anyhow, my father has voulenteered to clean up and install a set of
carbs on the car during his week off so that I can fly out and drive back
during mine.  Is anyone, by any chance, in the Ottawa area and in posession
of a spare pair of SUs that they'd be willing to part with?

    As for the trip itself, Id love to hear any advice on route or anything
else.  I haven't decided whether to go north or south of Superior, but have
been told that the south route is faster and has more gas stations.  I'm
planning on camping most nights.

Regards,

andy.