Re: Carbs and tripping.

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carbs and tripping.
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:19:08 -0400
Hi Andy (and anyone else who reads this long one)

I live in Vernon (20 minutes south of Ottawa) ... and I have dual carbs for
a '69 ... but really don't want to part with them yet. :(   I just got my
'79 on the road and may want to install them.

I thought I saw Obsolete Automotive in Point Edward, Ontario
(www.obsoleteauto.com) had a set for CDN $299.00 a while back.  You could
call them and find out if they are still there 1-800-265-7437.  Maybe
someone has a comment on that price.

Here's a couple sources which I have found near Ottawa:
You could also call Chris Hollum Imports at 514-639-4639 (near Montreal) or
email John Pritchard john@hallville.com at The Sports Car Factory in
Hallville (near Kemptville, 1/2 hour from Ottawa) They have an odd selection
of old parts around but no dual carbs.  I know because they were interested
in getting mine.  They are experts in restoration  (check out
www.halleville.com) and they could rebuild yours if you can get your Dad to
bring them down.

I've only been around here for 1/2 a year, so if you know of some other
new/used parts suppliers around here, please let me know.  Perhaps you knew
of these sources already.

If you've had enough of the curves in Northern Ontario then skip state-side
at The Soo (Sault Ste. Marie).  From my memory, how far you can go on a tank
is a consideration for either route.

Good Luck and be sure to tell us how the trip went. That's a long drive in
any car.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire