Re: Carbs and tripping.

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carbs and tripping.
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:02:53 -0400

In message <01bffccf$ad425aa0$0b5cacce@lubbers>you write:

>Hi Andy (and anyone else who reads this long one)

>I thought I saw Obsolete Automotive in Point Edward, Ontario
>(www.obsoleteauto.com) had a set for CDN $299.00 a while back.  You could
>call them and find out if they are still there 1-800-265-7437.  Maybe
>someone has a comment on that price.
>
>Here's a couple sources which I have found near Ottawa:
>You could also call Chris Hollum Imports at 514-639-4639 (near Montreal) or
>email John Pritchard john@hallville.com at The Sports Car Factory in
>Hallville (near Kemptville, 1/2 hour from Ottawa) They have an odd selection
>of old parts around but no dual carbs.  I know because they were interested
>in getting mine.  They are experts in restoration  (check out
>www.halleville.com) and they could rebuild yours if you can get your Dad to
>bring them down.

  If you are going to head to Montreal here are a few more places around town
  that you might try.  You best bet would be Mario Boies, I remember see a
  couple of old Spits in his junk yard and the guy won't sell you stuff
  that you don't need.

Mario Boies British Auto Spares                         EXCELLENT, HAS SMALL
1225 Du Maire                                           JUNK YARD AND STORAGE
Laprairie
450-444-2900
http://www.pacars.qc.ca/boies.htm

Foreign Car Parts                                       SO SO REP FOR REPAIRS
6600  Rte 132,                                          HAS JUNK YARD
Ville Ste-Catherine, J0L 1E0
450-682-1175, 450-365-2730

Geller Auto Restoration                                 OK REP, A LITTLE PRICY
5801 BESSETTE                                           SUPPOSEDLY
514 338-1569
http://www.geller-auto.com/geller.htm

Britauto                                                REPAIRS, GOOD REP
35 24th ave Lachine
Cross street is Notre-Dame
514-634-6330
"Jon Nichols" <jnichols@total.net>
(He is only a few blocks from Christian Hollum)

  And incase you don't know about them here is the url for the Ottawa Valley
  Triumph Club.

    http://www.geocities.com/ovtc_2000/

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |
Dave Chu                                 \/  \/       | /|     | |
Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng.                           |/ |     | |
Concordia University              Voice:(514)848-3115   Fax:(514)848-2802
1455 de Maisonneuve W. H961       Email:dave@ece.concordia.ca
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8  http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~dave/addr.html