Numerical equivalent of temperature gauge range

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Numerical equivalent of temperature gauge range
From: SMatson802@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:55:56 EDT
I have a ''71 spitfire that tends to run very close to the top of the
temperature range.  It goes right up almost to the top, but does not get into
the danger zone in any circumstance to date.  I am wondering if I just have a
thermostat that is operating at the very high end of the range.  I think that
it is a 190deg.  Would that put it at the high end of the gauge?
As always, I am expecting a variety of interesting, amusing, and enlightened