Re: Numerical equivalent of temperature gauge range

To: SMatson802@aol.com
Subject: Re: Numerical equivalent of temperature gauge range
From: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
First, You can check at what tempature the thermostat
is opening.  Simply put in a pan of water on the stove
with a thermometer and watch for it to open.  I use a
190 and at anything less than about 80, it runs at
less than half on the temp guage.  Are you sure that
the temp guage is running through the "voltage
stabalizer" that is located on the rear of the Speedo.
 The wire is a medium green.  Sometimes this is
bypassed by the po and the guage reads at a percentage
of 12 volts instead of 10 volts making the temp read
about 20% too high.  The gas guage is supposed to be
on the same circuit.  When my spit overheated once, I
could tell by the smell.  Nothing burning, but some of
that oil that is spilled around in the cracks got hot
and it smelled that way.

Chris DeStaffany
Friday Harbor, Wa

1975 Spit getting