Re: HS2 vs HS4's on a Spit

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS2 vs HS4's on a Spit
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:06:41 -0400
Since SU and Stromberg carbs have pistons, if the flow gets
high enough, the pistons will reach their upper limit of travel.
After that point, I'm sure they will work poorly.

But I have no idea how high the pistons get in actual operation.
You would have to either run the car on a dyno and look, or
fit a little video camera in front of the carbs and drive around...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit