Re: HS2 vs HS4's on a Spit

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>,
Subject: Re: HS2 vs HS4's on a Spit
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:01:55 -0400
So, Terry, beyond your opinion in your last paragraph, I didn't understand
much (well ok, after the third read it began to make sense; of course, with
what I know about carbs, you could have said just about anything).  Just
tell me whether putting HS2's from a '69 will work better (read noticably
more power) than the current Stromberg (model 150 CD4T) or is it not worth
my time and effort?

I am assuming the PO has done nothing to the stock engine other than remove
the air pump.

Should I ever replace the pistons with a high compression set, I understand
your conclusion is that they would definitely be an improvement.

This is open for anyone to reply.  Thanks.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire