Spit MKIII Brake Lights - Fixed but new problem

To: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spit MKIII Brake Lights - Fixed but new problem
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:15:40 -0400
First, thanks to everyone who responded to my brake lights problem.  Greatly
appreciated.

Guess what the problem was...  Can we all say BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH together!!!
;-)  Yep, it was the culprit.  Took it off the bracket, gutted it (haha!!!,
full of c***), wire brushed all the internal metal parts (MAN I love that
Drewmel!!!), put it back together and voila, brake lights.  Did the same for
the backup lights switch and turn signal switch.  Compared to the day
before, the spit almost look like a lighted Christmas tree now!  ;-)

In doing all that, I came across a new problem.  The four-way flasher
doesn't work unless I connect the purple wire directly to the + side of the
battery (and also flip the swicth on, duh).  My Bentley book doesn't show
that unit and the Haynes says it's connected to the starter solenoid (if I
remember correctly).  Can anyone tell my the routing of the power for the
hazard flasher unit?

Note: In my car, the two units (turn signal flasher and four-way flasher)
are two different units.  The first one being in the car (behind the glove
box) and the other in the engine compartment - right besides the brake M/C.

Once again, TIA

Steph
'69 Spit - Hers (Getting closer to hit the road!)
'71 TR6 - Mine (Waiting it's turn patiently! In pieces!))