Re: remember 1280 vs 1000?

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: remember 1280 vs 1000?
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 11:04:17 -0400
it's marked right on the face of the gauge.
I was the one that started the thread just a couple of weeks ago.
I was reading slow (speedo read under what I was doing)
I've come to find that most if not all 1500 series spits had the 1000
speedo. Your error is the gear ration of the angle drive.
When I put in my O/D tranny (that had an angle drive attached)
my speedo read correctly after the swap!

So now I have the O/D in the car, with angle drive and a 1000 speedo
and it reads correctly to within 1mph at 70mph.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com