RE: Troubleshooting

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Troubleshooting
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:59:40 -0700
I liked what the Volkswagen Beatles used to have.  They had a reserve tank
lever that you flipped with your foot when the engine started sputtering
(out of gas).  This gave you access to another 1.2 or so gallons of gas in
the tank to get you to the nearest gas station.  In my college days I would
often drive my VW Beatle for a couple of days on the reserve setting.  Of
course then when the engine sputtered I would REALLY be out of gas!  I tried
to time this event so that there were several other people in the car who
would then chip in for gas.  Hey, money was tight for us college students
back then, it was either buy beer or buy gas - you make the decision.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)